Fire Alarm Tester
Brand – Wormald | Sydney, NSW | Full Time
- Career Opportunities
- Leader in the Fire Protection Industry
- National Organisation
Wormald is one of Australia’s largest and leading fire protection companies. It provides specialist fire protection applications, products, service and installation across the building & construction, mining and marine sectors.
We are currently seeking a Fire Alarm Tester to be responsible for routine testing and inspection of Fire Alarm equipment including fire panels, signaling equipment & evacuation systems and assets in line with relevant Australian Standards, the Building Code of Australian and local statutory requirements for our customers in the Sydney metropolitan region.
Duties may range from preventative maintenance related tasks, service, remedial and reactive works, which might include minor fault finding and repairs, right through to installation and commissioning works
Key qualities, skills and attributes we are looking for are:
- A strong knowledge of monthly and annual testing and inspecting of fire panels, EWIS systems and fire detection
- A strong knowledge of monthly and 6 monthly testing and inspecting of sprinkler and hydrant systems (including fire pumps)
- Experience in testing gas suppression systems
- EAHL licence would be advantageous
- A strong knowledge of servicing and inspecting portables, fire doors and passive fire elements
- Ability to work unsupervised in a team environment
- An understanding of the relevant Australian Standards
- Strong focus on safety, quality and client satisfaction
- Reliable, self-motivated and well presented
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time and workload management skills
- Willing to undergo a national police background check
- Strong commitment to safe work practices is essential
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Have a current and valid drivers’ licence
This is a permanent full-time position offering the successful candidate a chance to work with a large team of Fire Industry Professionals and provide rewarding career opportunities with one of Australia’s largest Fire Systems Service Company.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Pre-Employment Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
We welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you would like to work for a leader in the Fire Protection Industry who is growing please send your resume to Phil Little via email email@example.com.