DESIGN ENGINEERING CADETSHIP
Brand – Wormald | Sydney, NSW | Full Time
- Looking for an exciting Engineering based cadetship?
- Join Australia’s iconic Fire Protection Company and start your new career
- Four-Year in-house cadetship with senior industry mentors
- Based in Homebush
Wormald has been servicing, designing, installing fire protection systems since 1889. Wormald operates in over 30 center’s across Australia and is a leading fire protection company in the region.
As a part of our commitment to develop industry specific talent, we are seeking a Design Engineering cadet to join our Minor Installations team based in Homebush. During the cadetship, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the Australian Fire Protection Industry.
You will learn a wide range of functions including:
- Using computer assisted design/drafting equipment (CAD) and software to develop designs.
- Undertaking calculations and related specifications of mechanical fire-fighting equipment and systems such as pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment (fire sprinklers, pumps, valves, flow and pressure switches and gas cylinders).
- Become competent in the understanding and application of the National Construction Code (NCC) and various Australian and International Standards applicable to the fire protection industry.
- Work together with our clients to deliver their requirements on time and to specification and
- Spend time on site to determine system requirements and assist coordinate field staff requirements.
To be considered for this amazing and rare opportunity, you will have completed your Higher School Certificate with good results in Mathematics and English. You will be required to successfully complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree at a university of your choice during your cadetship and will be encouraged to undertake other programs as recommended.
You must have a “can do” attitude, a willingness to learn from the ground up, take pride in the quality of your work and be proficient in the Microsoft suite of products. Some previous exposure to AutoCAD and/or Revit is desirable.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to Nicole Cherry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wormald recognises that a diverse workforce is essential to our ongoing business success and encourage applications from females, Indigenous & Torres Strait Islander descent and people form diverse backgrounds.